Local Fluoridation Issues
1. Video: WHAT’S ON TAP by Houston Smothersmon (2013). The Sonoma County Health Officer, a local dentist, a nutrition educator, a toxicologist, and a teacher, all talk about water fluoridation in the context of the proposal to add fluoride to the water supply in Sonoma County, California. Running time 13:28 min.
2. WHY COTATI VOTED NO TO FLUORIDE IN OUR WATER, an article by City Council member and former Mayor of Cotati, Mark Landman (September 2014).
3. SEBASTOPOL SAYS NO TO FLUORIDATION. The Sebastopol City Council voted unanimously to send a letter to the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors supporting Cotati’s opposition to fluoridation (February 4, 2014).
3. SONOMA CITY COUNCIL SAYS NO TO FLUORIDATION (March 2015). Council member Gary Edwards: “I’ve talked to doctors. I’ve talked to quite a few folks. I don’t really want to have it in my food. I don’t really want it in my wine. I don’t want it in my meal.”
4. VALLEY OF THE MOON WATER DISTRICT REJECTS WATER FLUORIDATION
5. HEALDSBURG has Sonoma County’s only fluoridated municipal water system. Read about Healdsburg, and learn about Fluoride-Free Healdsburg’s 2016 FLUORIDATION MORATORIUM INITIATIVE. For the reasons Fluoride-Free Healdsburg continues to work to end Healdsburg water fluoridation, read HEALDSBURG MOVING FORWARD.
1. MARIN COUNTY WATER: A brief overview of Marin County water, including Marin water fluoridation issues, and the relationship of Marin water agencies to the Sonoma County Water Agency.
2. Video: REPORT TO THE MARIN MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT: Five Reasons to Halt Water Fluoridation Immediately, by Dawna Gallagher-Stroeh, NE, Executive Director, Clean Water Sonoma-Marin (7/19/2013). Videographer, Michael LeVèsque, Clean Water California. Running time 28:45 minutes.