Sonoma County Communities & Water Fluoridation
1. COTATI VOTES NO ON WATER FLUORIDATION (September 12, 2013). Read “Why Cotati voted NO to fluoride in our water,” an article by Cotati City Council member and former Mayor, Mark Landman.
2. SEBASTOPOL SAYS NO TO FLUORIDATION (February 4, 2014). The Sebastopol City Council voted unanimously to send a letter to the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors supporting Cotati’s opposition to fluoridation.
3. SONOMA CITY COUNCIL SAYS NO TO FLUORIDATION (March 2015). Council member Gary Edwards: “I’ve talked to doctors. I’ve talked to quite a few folks. I don’t really want to have it in my food. I don’t really want it in my wine. I don’t want it in my meal.”
4. VALLEY OF THE MOON WATER DISTRICT SAYS NO TO WATER FLUORIDATION (April 7,2015).
5. HEALDSBURG has Sonoma County’s only fluoridated municipal water system. To understand some of the problems, read HEALDSBURG: NOTHING BUT QUESTIONS. To understand the reasons Fluoride-Free Healdsburg continues to work to end water fluoridation, read HEALDSBURG MOVING FORWARD. Learn about Fluoride-Free Healdsburg’s 2016 FLUORIDATION MORATORIUM INITIATIVE.
6. Video: WHAT’S ON TAP by Houston Smothersmon (2013). The Sonoma County Health Officer, a local dentist, a nutrition educator, a toxicologist, and a teacher, all talk about water fluoridation in the context of the proposal to add fluoride to the water supply in Sonoma County, California. Running time 13:28 min.